If you’re following the Oscar Pistorius and Reeva Steenkamp case like I am (and the rest of the world), you’ll just have to rush to the shops tomorrow morning (Friday 22 February) to get the latest issue of heat Magazine, or even better, you can buy the digital version for only R17 – especially useful to my International readers!
The heat-team had one of the last interviews with Reeva Steenkamp, 7 days before her death on the morning of 14 February 2013. In this “world exclusive” (as heat calls it), they publish her final interview where she mentions how she felt about Oscar, and why they kept their relationship away from the media.
The other reason why I can’t wait to get the new issue tomorrow, is to read the following that they’re also promoting on the cover:
- “Tributes by Reeva’s best friends”
- “Reeva’s dad: ‘We don’t hate Oscar'”
- “Their heat shoot that never happened”
What do you think of heat publishing her final interview? Should they have done the same as what people ‘expected’ of Tropika Island of Treasures and SABC 1; not to air/publish it? Leave me your comments below!
Here are the other articles I’ve published related to this massive story that is making news all over the world:
- A small tribute to Reeva Steenkamp, showing some of her previous work, and articles in magazines.
- The Oscar Pistorius cover on SARIE, with his sister Aimee. In the article, you’ll also find the link to the complete article that appeared in SARIE, a behind-the-scenes video of the cover shoot, and some snippets from the article that is currently making news…
- A collection of some of the previous covers that Oscar Pistorius has appeared on.
- One of the first Oscar Pistorius covers and articles; INSIG, May 2005.
- Sneak-peeks at the extremely strong coverage of Huisgenoot and YOU magazines.
Heat South Africa
- Issue: 28 February 2013
- On the cover: Reeva Steenkamp and Oscar Pistorius
- Price: R17
- Twitter: @heatSouthAfrica
- Editor on Twitter: @AndreNeveling
Here is the complete Press Release from heat Magazine;
Reeva Steenkamp tells South Africa’s heat Magazine “I don’t want lies about us to ruin our relationship” 7 days before her death.
Reeva Steenkamp spoke of her concern that “lies” could ruin her relationship with Oscar Pistorius in an interview with heat Magazine days before her death.
The South African model spoke glowingly about her new romance with Blade Runner Oscar Pistorius, saying how much she “respects and admires” him. But she told how she feared that negative publicity could prove damaging to Oscar’s career on the track. She confessed: “We haven’t been talking to the media because I don’t want to get it tainted. I don’t want anything coming in the way of his career. He’s such an amazing athlete.” She added: “You know what they do, they make things up, ‘Reeva cheats on Oscar’ and rubbish like that. “I wouldn’t want lies about us jeopardising it.”
Reeva also told how she wanted to move away from bikini shoots and become known for classier work. In the interview with heatMagazine, Reeva said: “I’m trying to work on my modelling career and remove myself from the whole FHM stigma. I want to be seen as a classic model.”
heat South Africa editor, Andre Neveling, says: “Our publication had a very good relationship with both Oscar and Reeva, and as a couple they agreed to do an exclusive cover shoot with heat in April. During this candid one-on-one with heat 7 days before her death, Reeva opened up for the first time about her blossoming romance.”
The full interview with Reeva is published in heat Magazine, on shelf Friday 22 February.
Remember that you can buy this issue of heat Magazine digitally, for just R17 via MySubs, available from tomorrow morning. I’m sure this issue will be well worth a read! And who knows, maybe they’ll also refer to this heat article in court, as they did with SARIE magazine…